Uradni forum za domačo in mednarodno podporo Slovenskemu alpskemu maratonu, ki se dogaja vsako drugo soboto v septembru - official forum support for SAM which is year held on every second Saturday in September

Moderatorji: SAM, milan

Uporabniški avatar
 milan
Hi Lizzy,

I hope you had arranged everything for your visit of Bohinj.
Currently there is still a lot of snow here. The tempereures are quite low, but this can change until february. :)
I wish you good training and a lot of fun.

Milan
 klavdija
Gospod je zašel k nam (Gorski maraton štirih občin), rad bi se pa prijavil na vaš maraton. Vse njegove podatke lahko najdete na tem forumu, pod Gorski maratonom - nemščina. Njegov dopis:

Sorry,

I have made a mistake. I want to start at the Slovenischem Alpen Marathon at 9.9.2006.

Now I have seen that I am in the wrong Forum. Sorry that I made this trubbles.

Roger

Ich werde garantiert nach Slowenien kommen ! Aber leider erst Ende August. Entschuldigung für meinen Fehler. Ich hatte nicht richtig hingeschaut.
Uporabniški avatar
 milan
Roger Mathewes is already on the startlist of the Slovenian Alpine Maraton 2006. (50km)
I hope everythink is OK now.

Thank you for your registration.
Many thanks to Klavdija for her assistance too.

Milan
 RogerM
milan napisal/-a:Roger Mathewes is already on the startlist of the Slovenian Alpine Maraton 2006. (50km)
I hope everythink is OK now.

Thank you for your registration.
Many thanks to Klavdija for her assistance too.

Milan

Thank you all for your help. I am very happy to start at 9th of Septemer at your race.

Roger
 silizzy
:lol: :D

Hi Milan,

Hope all is well with you. My husband and I had a great holiday ski-ing with really good weather, Vogel is a really nice resort. Unfortunately though I hurt my knee and the doctor told me to rest for six weeks when we got home. Fortunately it is OK now and I am back into training. We have some good races coming up at home over the summer to keep us motivated.

Happy running, Lizzy :P
Uporabniški avatar
 milan
Hi Lizzy,

Nice to hear from you again. I hope you are fit now:).
Have a good training.

Milan
 silizzy
Hi Milan,

I am glad you are OK, I just have a quick question, what trainers would be good for the race? An all rounder or fell shoes? We won't be able to see what the terain is like until we get there, so any advice would be appreciated.

Uporabniški avatar
 milan
Hi Lizzy,

There are no rules for the shoes. Some of the runners uses also the road shoes :twisted: An all rounder would be better for 50k and fell shoes would be more propriate for the 35k distance. This is only the rough estimation.

The last 35k is an mountain area and there are sharp ascents and descents, and mountain paths are partly muddy partly grassy, partly stony...
But there are also lovely macadam roads and wide meadows.
 silizzy
:lol: :lol:

Hi Milan,

People running in road shoes, are they crazy or do they have feet of steel? :?: :?

I have some walsh fell shoes, if you know the make, but I have seen a pair of Invo8 flyroc, if you know the make and I am using the race as a good excuse to purchase a new pair of fell trainers. After all you only get one pair of feet, so you gotta look after them.

I have managed to get a couple of runners from my club interested and they are now planning on taking part in the race also, so there should be a good turn out from the Larks.

You can find us at http://www.larkfieldac.co.uk/home.htm, if you want to have a nose.

Happy plodding :P
Uporabniški avatar
 milan
Hi Lizzy,

Welcome you and your friends.
I think you have already entered the application form. Also your friends
can enter if they decided to participate on SAM. Early hotel reservation
is reccomendable.
The entry fee can be paid later here in Slovenia on the pasta party or just before the start.
You can take new running shoes with you. There is also mud on the route :twisted: so you can make a good test of them.
But be carefull... not to get the blisters.
 silizzy
:lol:

Hi Milan,

Hope life is treating you well, things are good back here in the UK. I am busy training and racing in practise for September.

I do hope not to get the blisters as you put it with my new trainers, lots of races to do before then to break them in!

The accommodation is booked now and everything else is sorted, just got to keep plodding in the meantime.

I hear the season is going well in Slovenia from my friends in Bled, so that is good. It hasn't stopped raining here for the past two weeks, so I am looking forward to my week in Portgual. Won't be able to do much mountain training there, but will try where I can!! Along with chilling on the beach!!

Speak soon and happy jogging
Lizzy :D
 silizzy
Hi Milan,

I am not sure if I have posted this on the right thread, as I have already asked this and it hasn't come up on the non-slovenian forum. So here I go again.

My friends that are coming with us for the race have tried to enter themselves on line, but it has asked if transport is needed or not? It is so long ago that I completed our entries I can't remember what we put.

Do we need transport or not, we are staying in Pension locally (less then 2km) and there is one non-runner in our party.

If this isn't the right forum please could this be posted on the right one, so I can get an answer - many thanks Lizzy
Uporabniški avatar
 milan
Hi Lizzy,

Nice to hear from you again,

Where are you staying excately?
If you are staying 2km from the start of 50k then you would need the transport from finish back to start. (And also morning transfer to Trzic)
If you are staying 2km from the finish the you would need the transport in the morning only.
I think you need transport in any case but this information is important for us as organiser to knw how many people we had to transfer.
If there is one non runner in our party then please find me or one of the organiser if he needs to be tranfered. (best on the pasta party)

Milan
 silizzy
Hi Milan,

Thanks for reply, we are all staying at the following Pension Zaplata, they have told me they are 2km from the start of the race.

So far there are 4 of us taking part in the 35km race with one extra non-runner.

We are staying at the Zaplata on the Friday and Saturday night, going to Bled on the Sunday for a day trip with 3glav adventures........

http://www.3glav-adventures.com/

Our friend Domen runs this agency and he has organised some activities for us.

I am trying to get some accommdation in Bled for Sunday night but not having much luck so far, we are booked in the Zaplata though so we do have somewhere to stay if I do not get anything.

None of us are planning on hiring a car, so I will take your lead whether or not we need transport.

(If you need to know numbers for the pasta party, please count me out as I cannot eat wheat, so that will be one less person to cater for. It doesn't agree with me at all, especially before any running. I know a little strange as it is a good source of carbs but I get mine from my bananas!)

I hope all is well with you and the organising. A lady runner from the USA has been in touch with me (she is doing the 50km), so we've been doing a bit of networking!

Have a good weekend, Lizzy
Uporabniški avatar
 milan
Hi Lizzy,

If you are going to start on 35k then you need a bus in the morning.
The bus will start from Jezersko (finish place) at 6.00 Am and it will be in Preddvor at 6.30 and in Trzic at 7.00. So you need to be in Preddvor (start of 50k) at 6.30.
In the afternoon there will be minibuses which will go from Jezersko back to Preddvor& Trzic, so you can use them.

There is also public transport available:
The Public transport (BUS):
On the day of the race the public Bus leaves Jezersko-centre (2km from finish place) at 11.35 and at 16.35.
The bus stops also in Preddvor and in Kranj.

VESELI BOMO VAŠIH KOMENTARJEV in PREDLOGOV GLEDE NOVEGA PORTALA