prostor za debato o (ne le tekaški) športni opremi. obleka, obutev, pripomočki ... vprašanja, predlogi, nasveti, uporaba, ...
Uporabniški avatar
 klatez
Ravno danes sem naletel na tole - kar dobra primerjava med FR 405 in FR 305 napisana s strani uporabnika:

For anyone contemplating buying a Garmin, this as a bit of a compendium, to hopefully get all the relevant comparison info in one place, rather than having to trawl through probably 80+ pages on the various other Garmin threads.

Executive summary:
* If you want the most functional GPS traning tool, get the 305.
* If you want the best GPS watch, get the 405.
* If you want second best, get a Polar or an older model.

GPS Accuracy
Both devices are effectively the same. The 405 definately does pick up satellies faster than the 305 (I don't know how they got it so much faster), but this is a minor point overall. However, once going, head to head tracking accuracy is basically the same. The 305 appears to give a better instantaneous pace reading, but the average pace and recorded distances are basically the same.

Interface
The 405's bezel is funky bling, but the 305's buttons are a more effective and accurate interface. Because of this, it's overall easier to use the 305 for general training, and planning simple workouts, than the 405, but less sexy.

Display
The 305 display is bigger, and therfore better than the 405. The 405 only gives a max of three data fields, while the 305 gives 4 fields, plus it also shows the HR in the top right of the general screens (I'd call this 5 fields, but the HR reading is admittedly very small and not easy to read). Set at 4 display fields, the 305's fields are still quite large and readable. At 3 fields, the 405 is pretty small - still readable, but they also round off data with one less decimal of precision than the 305.

The display size issue shows up most if using the unit on a bike handlebar mount. It's definately far easier to read the 305 screen than the 405 screen while cycling. That being said, there's no problem reading the 405 for running, even the smaller display fields. It's just the shaking of a handlebar that makes the small fields a problem.

Advanced Workouts
Both units have equivalent advanced workout functionality (advanced workouts are planned and programed in Garmin Trainin Centre and downloaded to the unit). However, the 305's extra advanced workout display fields are superior to what the 405 displays. Specifically, the 305 has an advanced workout page that give a summary of the lap you have just done and what the next lap will be. The 405 annoyingly lacks this.

Multi Sport
The 305 supports the concept of running, cycling and 'other' activities. The 405 only does running and cycling. The 305 can automatically switch between sports in the one session, the 405 can't, and requires a session to be stopped and manually switched. The 305 allows each sport's display windows to be configured specifically, so cycling mode automatically uses speed, while running mode uses pace. The 405 annoyingly doesn't. So the 305 is clearly better here. For the triathletes out there, the 305 also has a specific mount kit to quickly clip between a bike mount and wrist, a very smart addition.

Navigation
The 405 lacks the map functionality of the 305. This is an unfortunate loss for the 405, as the map is invaluable in unfamiliar areas. A great feature of the 305 is to map a route with MapMyRun (using Google Maps), and download this on to the 305 as a course and follow the map. Basic navigation functionality for sure, but very usable if you plan to run or ride in an unfamiliar area.

If navigation functionaliy is import, the 305 is a must.

Wearability
For training purposes, I'd rate both units equal, simply because the 305 is perfectly wearable for running. The 405's designers deserve great credit for how they have packed everything into the unit. Overall, it's the same size on my wrist as the old Timex ironman watch, just a bit thicker in depth. People with pencil sized wrists could find both a bit bulky, but otherwise, most people will wear either just fine.

Watch
The 305 basically has no watch functionality, it's just a training tool. The 405 is a very effective everyday watch. Ok, it's a bit bulky in comparison to most watches, but it is fine for everyday wear. I'd add that it is no more bulky than a Polar HRM/watch. The bonus over the 305 here is, if you wear the 405 as an everyday watch, you won't forget it and leave it at home! If you don't intend to wear the 405 as a watch, I would question why you are not getting a 305.

Battery Life
The 305 is rated for 10hrs - and is good for this, the 405 for 8. However, it's important to note that, the 405 doesn't turn off after use, it just switches to power save mode. This means that the 405 is always draining power, so you'll only get 8hrs GPS use if you have just pulled it from the charger at 100% charge. You'll use at least 7% power every day in watch mode (more if using the light and/or alarm), so you won't get near 8hrs of GPS use before needing to recharge the 405 in normal use. In practice, I need to charge it every 3 or 4 days, given an hour or so use a day, in order to ensure that I won't run out of battery for the next run or ride.

Both units charge off a computer's USB port. I find it no problem to charge either, although it's somewhat ironic that the 405 gets charged off a USB cable, but interfaces via a USB wireless adapter, while the 305 charges AND interfaces by the one cable/cradle. Because of this, the 305's charge is always topped up between downloads.

PC Connection
While there is nothing wrong with the 305's cable and cradle, the 405 is just sooooooo damn sexy with the wireless USB stick. Maybe not if you are a Mac user, but if you live in the real world of Windows, the USB is just great. After several months, the 405 still gives me a warm gooey sense of satisfaction, to see it automatically synch whenever I come near my laptop. The bonus here is that data is automatically captured very easily. It's also nice that data is effectively backed up to Garmin Connect on the web - so it can't be lost - although I still use SportsTracks for normal electronic diary purposes.

Water Resistence
Do not swim or shower with either. If you get a 305, tape up the speaker holes in the rear, to avoid sweat corrosion if nothing else. Both will survive rain, but avoid immersion for either. Garmin will do well to waterproof their next product for swimming.

Accessories
Both units are equivalent in offering a bike speed/cadence sensor, and a foot pod. The speed/cadence sensor is only really needed if you want cadence info for cycling, the foot pod only if you do treadmill running, or are stuck in the rare exception of the concrete canyons of Sydney for most of your running. As mentioned above, the 305 does have a great kit for bike/run transitions.

Personal Experience
I own both, and I wear the 405 as an every day watch (it now taking pride of place over my old retired Timex bodylink). In practice, this means that I use the 405 in preference to the 305 about 95% of my running time, simply because it's already on my wrist and because it gives me all the functionality and feedback I want for general use. I'm now using the 305 in preference for cycling, it being more readable on the handlebar mount. For running, I only usually use the 305 for a few advanced workout based sessions. I also use the 305 for running and mountain/road cycling in new or unfamiliar areas. Since waking up to the world of MapMyRun, this has been invaluable for planning and mapping new places to explore, without having to pull out a map and compass all the time to check where I'm going.

Personal Recommendation
If you don't own either unit, and choosing only one to own:
* If you are going to wear it as a watch, or you really like bling and have the money, get the 405.
* If you already have a watch that you like, and will only use the GPS for running or riding, or want the best value for money, get the 305.

The 405 is a great piece of kit, and it's not that you'll miss out on much with the 405, as it does nearly everything the 305 does (except the navigation map). It's just that the 305 does what it does slightly better, albeit in a less sexy way. The 305 is also priced significantly less than the 405, so it offers a significantly better value for money proposition.

For what it's worth, either unit significantly exceeds the functionality and value for money of any other GPS training tool on the market at this time, and easily offers more than any footpod based product.
 mely
zelo lepo napisano in objektivno!!!
Sam imam leto in pol 305!
kadenca se zelo lepo obnese tako na cesti kot na trenažerju!!
Uporabniški avatar
 ales
Loni napisal/-a:
Izklopi vse te funkcije, pa bo šlo,

Ma ja, je bilo potrebno le virtualnega partnerja izključit in je OK. Le kdo se je zmislil, da na novi uri to vključi.. Hvala za namig!
Uporabniški avatar
 klatez
ales napisal/-a:Ma ja, je bilo potrebno le virtualnega partnerja izključit in je OK. Le kdo se je zmislil, da na novi uri to vključi..

Američani... :mrgreen: :bum:
Uporabniški avatar
 Jančika
Prosim za pomoč in nasvet pri uporabi Sport Tracksa. Pri prenosu podatkov z Garmina 405 mi ST zazna in prenese samo zadnji trening, torej moram prav paziti, da treninge prenesem takoj, sicer se mi kateri izgubi. Kako bi lahko to uštimala? Verjetno je kakčna čisto preprosta caka... :?:
Uporabniški avatar
 klatez
Kaj pa v uri so potem še vsi podatki?
Mogoče imaš v ANT agentu, ki skrbi za prenos, nastavljeno, da pobriše podatke v uri, ko se prenese na računalnik.
To se nastavlja tako, da klikneš na ikono ANT agenta (spodaj desno) in potem desno miškino tipko...

Drugače pa bi se ti morala pri prenosu v ST odpreti tabela aktivnosti in označene s kljukico spredaj so tiste, ki ji še ni v ST in se bodo prenesle.
Če daš kljukico še pred druge, pa ti bo preneslo še te.

Preveri to, kar sem napisal. Več informacij pa ti bom lahko dal kasneje (pa tudi kakšno slikico pripopal), ker sem ravno na računalniku, kjer tega nimam instaliranega.
Uporabniški avatar
 Jančika
Klatež, vsi podatki so še v uri, imam nastavljeno, da se ne brišejo (sem zdajle še enkrat preverila). Ko se mi odpre okence za prenos, mi vedno ponudi samo eno opcijo (zadnji tek), brez izjeme. TC pa mi ponudi vse, kar še ni bilo prenešno (samo zdaj itak prenašam sproti, tako da tudi na TC že dolgo nisem prenašala več kot enega treninga).
Uporabniški avatar
 Jančika
Zdajle sem poskusila podatke prenesti v dnevnik na RunningAhead. Nisem še nikoli, in sem označila, da naj prenese vse, torej bi mi moralo prenesti x treningov. Ampak mi je preneslo samo zadnji trening. Ne vem... :?:
Uporabniški avatar
 klatez
Hojla! Evo lahko nadaljujeva...
Sem med vikendom raje laufal kot bil za računalnikom.

Skoraj siguren sem, da imaš tole nastavljeno v ANT agentu.
Briše pa GPS podatke, ostale podatke (čas, tempo, HRM) pa pusti.
Zato v jih History na uri vidiš.

Z miško se postavi na ikono za Garmin ANT Agent na računalniku desno spodaj.
Klikni desno tipko na miški in potem Device settings.
Tam imaš verjetno kljukico pod Auto erase.
Tisto odkljukaj...
Uporabniški avatar
 Loni
Klatež, a si kadenco za bicikel že sprobal? Še nisem nabavila.
Uporabniški avatar
 klatez
Ne še. Bicikel pride pri meni na vrsto, ko je pretoplo za tek...
Uporabniški avatar
 Jančika
klatez napisal/-a:Tam imaš verjetno kljukico pod Auto erase.

:( Nimam. Sem zadnjič takoj preverila, ko si mi napisal.

Ne vem, kje se naj lotim zadeve. Ker če imam recimo dva neprenešena treninga, mi Garmin Training Center zazna in prenese oba, vse OK. Sport Tracks pa (dve minuti kasneje) vidi in prenese samo zadnjega. Mož mi je obljubil, da si bo vzel čas in vse prečekiral, samo to bo šele čez kak mesec (smo sredi adaptacije in selitve, pa mu nočem še s tem najedat).
Uporabniški avatar
 klatez
Aja, eno zadevo sem se še spomnil.
Pri Sporttracksu včasih pomaga, če ga enostavno še enkrat instaliraš.
Namesti tazadnjo verzijo 2.1.3326: http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/Downloads/

Pa mogoče prej za info poglej, katero verzijo ST imaš nameščeno (pod Settings-System).
Uporabniški avatar
 Jančika
Aha, torej stara finta - če ne dela, greš najprej ven, pol pa nazaj not :lol: . Verzijo imam zadnjo, sem jo inštalirala pred kratkim. Bom čimprej poskusila, če bo zdaj kaj drugače in bo prepoznal več kot zadnji trening.
Uporabniški avatar
 Jančika
Klatež, spet si mi zelo pomagal, hvala :toast: ! Očitno bo zdaj delalo, kot je treba - posnela sem dva kratka "treninga", par sekund sem štopala, in je ST prepoznal in prenesel oba :) . Nisem niti pomislila, da bi lahko bilo z novo verzijo boljše, super!

VESELI BOMO VAŠIH KOMENTARJEV in PREDLOGOV GLEDE NOVEGA PORTALA